Monday, August 22, 2011

Workaholic?

Am i a workaholic? I think i am. I remembered when i was working in Malaysian Civil Defence Department (JPAM). I'm willing to stay over up to 8pm or 9pm alone in the office just because i love to be in the office; even they didn't pay me much.

Talking about work, i have been jobless for almost two months. Actually i have been hired by a company in Kelana Jaya even before i finished my exam. But maybe my luck is not there. Or i should say that i dun have a good chemistry with the company. I resigned after 2 weeks working there.

After resigning, i have applying for a lot of job. I have about 9 interviews call but i attended only 5 of them (bcoz of some circumstances). The first interview i went is for a position that i didn't apply for. Marketing Executive for an e-learning company. They found my resume in jobstreet and want to interview me. I just give it a try even i'm not really interested for that position. In the same week, i went to my 2nd interview for an outsourcing company for HP Malaysia. My application have passed in the outsourcing company but not in HP. The HP's people said i have met their requirement and passed their test but i'm lack of working experience. So, they can't hire me because of work experience. Then, for the next week, i have been called for an interview/test in IBM located in Bandar Utama. The math test is very hard but i managed to pass it to join the group discussion.

While waiting for the next interview in IBM, i went back to my home town to get some rest (i didn't have any holiday since i finished my study). So, i have been rejected a lot of interview calls. After 2 weeks having holiday, i got interested in one of the offer but they required knowledge in Microsoft Excel. So, i used my freetime to practice Excel. FYI, i have never using the functions in Excel before. My course didn't require me to use Excel. So, learning Excel from scratch to advance level (do pivot table and VlookUp can be categorized as advance level?) is so hard for me to do it in just 1 week time. As the interview turned out bad for me (i passed the test with excellent marks), i'm give up to waiting for this company's reply. So, i just try my luck to work in HSBC Cyberjaya. The process was tough. At first, they gave me online test by email. After i passed the test, they called me for an interview by phone. Next, they invite me for another test and interview in their office. I don't know either my interview was bad or good coz the interviewer interviewed me for only 3 minutes compared to other interviewer who done it in 15minutes; they give review about the test, the tips for interview and some random question about current issues which is i don't have to go through any of them.

As a very negative minded (always think of worst situation could happen) person, i assumed that they will not call me for 2nd interview. So, i am bit down and frustrated with myself. As I'm putting my frowning face, I got a call from landline number. So, i expect it to be the call from another company who want to interview me. But, surprisingly, the call is from the company that i went for the interview last week. They just call me to asked me to check my email and reply to them as soon as possible. They didn't provide me with any other information. But once i checked my mail, i was surprise when i read this :


*Printscreen of my email*


*Offer letter*

[Click images to enlarge]

Yeah, i got the job. I have been hired by the company that having Microsoft Excel test. Alhamdulillah. I will start working in September. Pls pray for my success with this company. Thx.

Peace and Love,
Cik Meow

1 comment: